For all things marine, and more…
From small boats to mega-yachts, we can design a marine insurance coverage package to fit the pleasure boaters’ needs. Marina Operators, Boat Dealers and Commercial Operators will find that with our professional service, competitive rates, years of experience and knowledgeable staff the clear choice for your marine & boat insurance is The Loomis Company’s Marine Division.
For agents and brokers we offer a simple and straightforward means of doing business with competitive commission and professional support. We’re here to help you place business while YOU OWN the business. Whether you’re a Boater, Commercial Operator or an Insurance Agent or Broker, The Loomis Company’s Marine Insurance Division is the clear choice.
Our Marine Insurance Division provides coverage for all types of marine risks including:
Yacht Dealer Coverage – Physical damage for boats, motors, and accessories for sale, sold but not delivered or on consignment.
Marina Operators Legal Liability – Provides coverage for boats, motors, trailers in the care, custody and control of the marina, as the General Liability policy does not provide for this coverage in the ISO policy definition.
Protection & Indemnity – Typically the watercraft liability form covers the boat and boat operator for bodily injury, medical payments and/or property damage if:
- His boat collides with another watercraft causing damage to that boat
- His boat injures other parties on the damaged boat
- His boat strikes someone in the water
- Also covers the removal of a boat if it sinks in a navigable channel of a body of water
The Protection and Indemnity form provides the coverages found in a watercraft liability policy plus the following coverages:
- Coverage for the damaged vessel that the boat operator might be held liable for such as loss of use, costs of investigation and defense
- Coverage for damage to piers, docks, bulkheads and bridges that may be struck by the boat
- Injuries to people on the piers, docks, bulkheads and bridges
- The cost to raise, remove or destroy a wreck especially if the wreck is in a navigable channel
- Costs to get injured passengers to shore and expenses to get them to a homeport
Piers, Wharves and Docks – All risk coverage for the piers, wharves and docks with standard exclusions for freezing, ice, and wear and tear perils also the form has optional Business Income and Extra Expense available.
Scheduled Owned Watercraft Coverage – Physical damage to owned boats, either yard boats or rental watercraft. Jet ski rentals are considered specialty lines coverage.
Boat Builders Risk – Covers vessels while under construction, sea trials, delivery as well as sales of related equipment and motors.top
The Loomis Company’s Marine Division is a leading source of marine insurance. Find out how Marina operators and Boat Dealers save money on insurance. Professional service, competitive rates, years of experience and a knowledgeable staff make The Loomis Company the clear choice for your business insurance.
- Marina Operators Liability
- Protection & Indemnity
- Commercial General Liability
- Boat Dealers Coverage
- Piers, Wharves and Docks
- Business Property
- Equipment/ Tools
- Owned Watercraft
- Builders Risk
- Umbrella Coverage
- Commercial Auto
- Yacht Dealers Coverage – Boats, motors & accessories for sale including demonstration
- Marina Operators Legal Liability – covering boats in your care, custody and control
- Protection and Indemnity – with optional Jones Act coverage for crew
- Piers, Wharves & Docks – all risk coverage with optional Business Interruption coverage
- Scheduled Owned Watercraft – covering yard boats and rental boats
- Builders Risk – covering new boats under construction including demonstration and delivery
General Liability Coverages
- Products and Completed Operations
- GL Coverage written with and without an occurrence deductible
- Liquor Liability coverages available
- Blanket Building and Contents coverage available
- Replacement Cost coverage/Agreed Amount coverage
- Business Interruption and Extra Expense coverage
- Windstorm deductibles – flat versus percentage deductibles
- Package Extension Endorsement
Inland Marine Coverages
- Electronic Data Processing Equipment including Extra Expense
- Commercial Tools/Equipment coverages
- Miscellaneous Property coverages
Is your marine / boat insurance costing more?
Have you checked your current marine / boat insurance policy for leaks? You owe it to yourself to compare our quality marine / boat insurance programs, excellent service, and expertise. Let the professionals at The Loomis Company Marine Division give you a no obligation coverage review of your policy.
How do thousands of Loomis Company insureds save money?
Savings are important but certainly not everything. Quality is just as important. The Loomis Company, one of the leading names in marine / boat insurance, can tailor a marine / boat insurance package to fit your boating needs. While our timely, professional service, and marine / boat insurance market knowledge helps provide piece of mind, our competitive rates save you money!
We offer special marine / boat insurance programs for:
- Mega – yachts
- Power boats
- Sail boats