The importance of Risk Management. This concept evolved in the insurance brokerage sector. Over the years, the idea of a broker working with a client on a preventative basis has gone from something that sounded like a good idea, to something that has become the mantra for us. With our in house Risk Management Division, we are able to provide a level of service, at no additional cost, that other brokers do not offer. With multiple offices across the Northeast, we are able to be on-sight with our clients, not only when needed, but in preventative measures as well.
Below are just a few things we work with our clients on to minimize issues and maximize efficiency and safety:
Risk Management Center
Help protect your company with the Risk Management Center, a unique web-based software suite of safety and risk management tools designed to empower your organization’s risk prevention efforts.
The Risk Management Center allows you to reduce risk and improve workplace safety by creating effective risk mitigation programs. It is easy to access and use, and provides a cost-effective risk reduction and safety center for your entire organization.
The Risk Management Center is right for any organization that wants to proactively manage risk exposures to reduce claims, losses, and associated costs.
For more information, please contact your Loomis Company representative, Diane Cameron at 610.374.4040 ext. 2318.
Driver selection and education is a cornerstone of every effective fleet safety program. The Loomis Risk Management team will work with your team to ensure your fleet program is populated with the best possible candidates. We will assist you in the following ways:
- Position opening notification (where/how, what is said)
- Candidate selection- train your team on conducting effective interviews
- Fleet document creation/supply and update
- Candidate training (group or individual)
- Frequent Program/Facility/Equipment Audits
- Honest feedback about opportunities that exist
- Fleet manager/team assessment and gap analysis
- Program review, focus and development
The Loomis Risk Management team will work with you and your team to develop innovative ways to counter the problems facing your organization today, and in the future. Technology is changing rapidly to make risk management control measures more affordable and available to much larger segments of the workforce.
Our risk management team members are skilled and well versed in methods to protect your assets. Whether the peril is fire, flood, contamination/spoilage, theft or cyber threats, the Loomis Risk Management team will partner with your organization as well as leading industry professionals to help properly identify the challenges facing your organization and develop a plan to mitigate and/or eliminate the loss potential that can adversely impact your organization’s economic performance or brand integrity.
The Loomis Risk Management team continues to consult clients in the following areas:
- Theft threat assessment
- Security review and updates
- Technology review/update/limitations
- Live tests/drills or simulations
- Facility audits (security, detection, response)
- Contractor assessment/qualification
- Brand recognition development and enhancement
The Loomis Risk Management team knows what it takes to execute a comprehensive Risk Management plan. Did you know that approximately 80% of all workplace accidents that occur in the United States can be attributed to unsafe acts? Yet many Risk Management programs continue to focus on unsafe conditions at many workplaces- which often results in poor performance and a frustrated workforce.
What makes the Loomis Risk Management different is our drive to make your leaders more successful in completing the tasks that inspire your workforce to work more safely. Mid level management development is what allows our Risk Management teams to focus on root cause identification, solution development and results that positively impact your bottom line in the areas of production, quality AND safety.
Loomis Risk Management focus activities include:
- Accident investigation training
- Root cause analysis and development
- Problem identification, solution development and follow up
- Supervisor Accountability training
- Management system development
- Metrics development (what gets measured gets done)
- Telephonic and in-person support for managers 24/7
- Payroll stuffer support on pertinent topics