The level of Cholesterol in our blood plays a vital role. But, an improper balance of this element can dramatically increase therisk of cardiovascular diseases. At the same time, it is important to note that a properly maintained balance can do many benefits to our body, which the majority of people are not even aware of. Remember, it’s the cholesterol in your body that forms the basis of powerful steroid hormones like progesterone and testosterone which are known to improve sexual health. Besides, it also does wonders for cortisol and vitamin D that strengthens stress adaptation capacity and ensures healthy bones.
Wondering how to reduce your cholesterol without medication if your health reports indicate an increased level? Well, there are multiple ways to achieve this. Some of the most significant ways are described below:
1. Exercise: It is the best way that brings a definite and positive change on the levels of triglyceride and cholesterol in human body. Carrying out exercise on daily basis for at least 30 minute proves immensely helpful. Include aerobic kind of exercises in your routine and do it for at least five times per week. Exercises like walking, biking, swimming, running and stair climbing etc are found helpful.
2. Diet: It is one of the major factors contributing significantly to any health progress. In order to defeat the increasing level of cholesterol you have to take care of your diet. Simply increase the intake of vegetables, grains, fruits as well as legumes. Green leafy vegetables play significant role in providing positive effect to the level of your blood cholesterol. Similarly, try to decrease the intake of food items like saturated cheese, red meat and butter as well. Additionally, you can shift to olive oil while preparing meals if possible.
3. Omega 3 Fatty Acids: These food substances have greater effect on blood triglycerides. Major sources you can turn to are foods like salmon, flax seeds and walnuts which are rich with omega 3. You can also plan cold-water fish in your diet if you are not a vegetarian.
4. Limit sweets: Eating sweets connects directly to an increase in the level of cholesterol. People who tend to have more sweets or sugar usually have more or higher LDL levels and increased triglyceride as well. The processed foods you take may have additional sugar added to them. Do take care of this before you buy one for you next.
5. Red Wine: Taking of a glass of wine by women or two by men per day would be highly effective in protecting arteries walls. Besides, it would also boost HDL or good cholesterol and keeps heart to good health. However, it is advisable to consult your physician in case you are already taking certain medication.
6. Quit Smoking: Smoking is injurious to health; oh everybody knows that, don’t they? It’s always great if you are not in the habit of smoking. But if you are, quit it. Smoking adds to the level of cholesterol. You know it all that cigarette contains nicotine; this nicotine adds much to the level of cholesterol in your blood. It is the reason most of the smokers are found to have higher LDL levels as well as triglycerides. So, if you have a smoking habit, better would be to break it as early as possible.